Posted on June 20, 2015
Comments Off on About Our Organization
American Muslims for Democracy (AMD) is a non-partisan, non-religious, not-for-profit, and an all inclusive social welfare organization, which qualifies under section 501-(C)-(4) of the Internal Revenue Code (or the corresponding provision of any future United States Internal Revenue Service Law).
VISION: To enhance Muslim presence on the political map of New Jersey in a manner that is equitable to their numerical strength and commensurate with their contributions to civil society.
MISSION: The mission of the American Muslims for Democracy (AMD) is to stimulate an active interest in American Muslims to engage in the Political and Governmental affairs of the United States. We are nonpartisan and our support to political candidates will depend on their stand on issues that are important to American Muslims. The AMD shall work with American Muslim communities to bring their issues to local, state, and national political attention.
- To educate American Muslims about the need for civic engagement and participation in the political process
- To create a grassroots movement among Muslims to pursue Equality and Justice for All through the advancement of democracy
- To maximize voter registration among Muslims
- To inspire youth for future leadership via participation in public affairs
- To support other fraternal organizations towards achieving similar goals